Summary: Under direction of the Foundation Research Manager, responsible for activities and oversight within the Foundation Department. Activities include assisting with departmental planning, organization and preparation of plot and nursery material, oversight of plot and nursery implementation, field observations, nursery work, data analysis, client communications, and management of seasonal labor.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of current Foundation projects and activities
- Provide assistance in planning of annual workload for the department
- Help organize and set up materials for plots and nursery
- Assist or oversee plot and nursery planting, maintenance, pollination, and harvest
- Take and record field observations in plots and nursery per protocol
- Manage projects assigned to Research Assistant from start through finish
- Help manage collected data
- Become familiar with clients, develop working relationships and form an understanding of the client’s drivers/objectives
- Communicate observations and general data analysis to clients
- Hire and supervise seasonal labor for the department
- Work closely with Research Manager and department employees to assure the department is offering and performing services that are highly valued by the clients
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of industry developments and new technologies/methods
- Uphold and support company policies and procedures
Supervisory Responsibilities: Research Assistant supervises seasonal labor.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Corn Breeding, Corn Research or related field. Masters preferred. Will consider combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years related field research experience
- In-depth knowledge of current corn research/breeding techniques and methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel) and Apple products
- Provenabilitytolead and direct people in field research operations
Send resume to email@example.com.