Full-Time Seed Production Associate
Send resume to email@example.com to apply.
Gro Alliance is a family-owned custom seed production/conditioning company with 5 locations across the Midwest. At the Mt. Pulaski, IL site we contract seed growers to produce seed soybeans, which we condition and package from fall to spring. We work with multiple retail clients; our aim is to produce the highest quality seed for those clients to sell to farmer customers. A strong relationship with both clients and producers is our goal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Upon training, operate conditioning equipment to condition soybeans
- Upon training, operate treater equipment to treat soybeans
- Upon training, operate a forklift around the site
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair equipment in the area of work
- Perform detailed task and proper completion of documents in all areas of work
- Perform field inspections/bin inspections and establish grower relations
- Demonstrate the agility to learn multiple areas of the business
- Operate at all times in a safe manner
- Reliable transportation to meet scheduled work times.
- Have a positive attitude in changing circumstances, and pull on the same end of the rope as the other team members
- Willingness to change and adapt to new clients, new jobs, and changing business practices
- Ability to work different shifts and extended hours and occasional weekend work.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, or more
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed)
- A valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of IT i.e. Word, Excel, Internet, touch screens, etc.
- 2+ years of Manufacturing experience and/or 2+ years of Agricultural experience
- State of Illinois Pesticide Applicator License
- 2+ years of forklift operation
Normal shift is 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Hours will be extended in peak times of operation
Tower Night shift is on a rotational basis for 4 – 6 week periods from fall to spring